Friday, May 11, 2007

Domain

Friday night and I'm here at home trying to be productive. I feel a little bummed out since everyone is out celebrating the end of yet another tiring week. Well I guess at least I should be proud of myself, trying to actually get some work done. So anyway, I logged on yahoo to check my mail and there was a news article about six new domain names that will be added on the Internet. How great would this topic be for my blog right? Anyway so as I read the article, it came to my attention that with more domain names, it makes it harder to distinguish good sites from bad sites. I remember as an undergrad student, the library had this workshop where they taught us how to distinguish the legit websites from others based on their domain names. At that time I remember thinking how hard it' d be to remember all that. With newly added domain names, wouldn't this cause more headache for educators to select good sources from others? Anyway, that's all I'd have to say about this topic.

No comments: