Friday, May 18, 2007

School of Rock

There's just way too many things to do with such little time. I can't believe this quarter is almost over! I'm beginning to feel the pressure so what do I do- I hide back in my denial cave, reluctant to do any of my work last night! Hah. Well, I did print out some articles to read for the final project for the 578. I was sitting in my room for the whole night and decided to take my studies to my bf's house. The bad part is, I took my articles along with the "School or Rock" dvd. My sister got the dvd as a xmas gift last year. She never opened it and I figured I'd do the honors of opening it for her! =) Anyway, needless to day that I spent the rest of the night watching the movie instead of doing research on the project. I've never seen the movie before and I have to say, it's not a bad movie. The great thing is, I can blog about the movie since it has a lot to do with technology- well, to some extent. I was amazed to see how these students utilized technology to set up cameras to watch out for the principal coming down the hall. Even so, to set up the lights and coordinate it to match up with the rock piece the students are performing. Yes, yes, it's just a movie but I'd like to think that there are some kids out there who actually know how to use technology to produce such great masterpieces like these kids in the movie. Kids never cease to amaze me.

I was looking for links that I can include for this post and found this lady's commentary. After I read this, I feel that she's right on so many levels. It's really just an entertaining movie. I guess I'm not too harsh on movies since it is just a movie and not "real". One thing I was thinking about through out the movie is how many law suites there would be for the school if this was a true story. Surely the substitute would end up in jail probably for "kidnapping" and the bus driver wouldn't even take the kids with out an adult figure in there, and to drive to his house? I don't think so. Then of course the principal not catching on to the fact that this substitute isn't the real one that she wanted to hire for the job. I mean, can you really be that naive to not know especially after speaking to him and even sitting in on one of the class sessions? Anyway, I can go on and on about this but see it that it's just a movie, I won't. I'll just take this movie for the entertainment value of it and my post was really just to share about the technology part that the students has access to!

No comments: